Q Apartments are a leading property management company specialising in 'serviced apartments’. We are fully furnished apartments available for both long and short-term stays offering the services of a hotel but the privacy and convenience of staying in your own home. To ensure the smooth day to day running of the company we are looking for an experienced candidate to oversee the Property Management aspect across the Operations departments. You will report to the Head of Operations.
You will form a 2-person team and will be responsible for managing a large portfolio of apartments across London including the upkeep of all buildings and be ensuring that the buildings are H&S compliant. Together with the Maintenance and Housekeeping team, your core objectives will be to ensure that all properties provide a ‘home away from home’ experience. Maintaining strong existing relationships with suppliers, landlords, and managing agents is essential as well as developing new relationships with external contractors.
• Development and implementation of policies and procedures across the portfolio to ensure the effective management and maintenance of the properties
• Supplier Management- Co-ordinate activity and access to suppliers at various properties.
• Productivity of the Property Services team ensuring that task order in Microbizz (Task Management System) is monitored stringently and completed within deadlines ensuring that the work is carried out within approved budgets.
• Health and safety for all properties across London
• Performance & HR Management for the teams reporting into you.
• Ensure maximisation of the implementation of logistical procedures and cost effectiveness across the property portfolio.
You will be responsible for the running of property management and Maintenance Operations support to ensure all service delivery and excellence are fulfilled in a cost-effective way on a day to day basis.
• Ensuring that response times are adhered to always.
• Acting as an escalation point for complex issues, leading the team and advising on responses.
• Being aware of Guest Satisfaction analytics.
• Ensure all quality control programmes run smoothly so all apartments are maintained to a high standard.
• To be able to analyze, evaluate and authenticate any dilapidation claims from the handover of the properties based on ARLA guidelines
• To be able to amicably negotiate a fair dilapidations cost with the Managing agents and or Landlords with the view to minimize costs that the company might incur.
• Highlight any areas of concern to Head of Operations.
Operational Contracts and Cost Control
You are responsible for implementation of the operational contracts including maintenance and service level agreements for external contractors servicing the properties:
• Ensuring agreed SLAs are adhered to and feedback to Head of Operations on performance of the contractors
• Ensuring cost of jobs across all properties are efficiently managed.
• Ensuring stock control procedures for replacement equipment are followed so minimum levels are maintained across all stock locations
• Continuously strive to bring about cost control and reduction methods where possible.
• Ensuring the processes of apartment setup and disposal are followed
• Overseeing the ASAP accreditation inspection process ensuring it is carried out to agreed schedules
Health & Safety
You are responsible for ensuring the company compliance with all Health and Safety matters relating to employees, apartment/building management. You will report any breaches of procedure or areas of concern to ensure action is taken.
• Proven Property management experience for at least 3 years
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• Good time Management skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver results within a given deadline.
• Sound & efficient logistical approach to running the portfolio.
• Someone hands on who is a 'do-er' and isn't afraid to be heavily involved in the day to day operations of the properties.
• Think on his feet and strong decision-making ability
• Knowledge of Health and Safety and compliance requirements
At Q Apartments, we reward and recognise our colleagues’ efforts, passion and determination to succeed and pride ourselves in offering our colleagues benefits that support your lifestyle and really make a difference. In addition to competitive a salary we offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Discretionary Bonus after 1 year of employment and subject to achievement of performance targets
• 20 days paid annual leave
• Company Pension scheme.
• Discounted stays in line with group policy across the portfolio.
Based at Q APARTMENTS across London but may need to travel to other Q APARTMENTS locations globally as required reporting to Head of Operations. Shifts are organised in conjunction with the line Manager to ensure cover is provided at all times. Weekend work may be required and the nature of the role will require a high degree of flexibility.
For more career opportunities visit our careers page at www.qapartments.com/career or follow our social media channels to stay up to date with our latest vacancies.